Successful ransomware attacks take time. They involve gaining a foothold in the business, performing discovery, elevating privileges, and then locating and exfiltrating your organization’s most sensitive data. The whole process, until the attackers encrypt your data, can take weeks or months.
That’s why the key to ending ransomware is to minimize the window of time between when a ransomware attack infiltrates your environment and when you are able to detect and respond to it.
The Cybereason Predictive Ransomware Protection The solution is able to detect the first signs of a ransomware operation and perform automated prevention within milliseconds. With the ability to block hidden ransomware, along with the addition of artificial intelligence on every endpoint, encryption prevention, recoverability, and kernel-to-cloud visibility, Cybereason’s predictive ransomware protection represents the most powerful ransomware defense available on the market.
That’s why Cybereason is the only security provider that remains undefeated in the fight against ransomware, protecting every customer against threats such as DarkSide Ransomware that shut down Colonial Pipeline, the REvil Ransomware That Disrupted Meat Packaging Giant JBS and IT Service Provider Kaseya, the LockBit Ransomware that hit Accenture and all other ransomware families.
Cybereason Predictive Ransomware Protection solution offers:
- Artificial intelligence at the endpoint: Only Cybereason predicts and blocks ransomware activity using artificial intelligence on every endpoint, unlike competing solutions that rely on cloud-based detections or assume defeat by offering ransomware “rollbacks” unreliable.
- Predictive prevention at several levels: Cybereason protection leads the way with the industry’s only predictive prevention that ends ransomware based on the most subtle behavior and activity of attackers before critical systems are encrypted. Combined with our award-winning NGAV, AV, script and file-based detections, this ensures that known and unseen ransomware is blocked.
- Kernel to cloud visibility: Sophisticated attackers know how to evade standard means of detection, so Cybereason provides attack telemetry down to the kernel level and down to the cloud to reveal early stage ransomware attacks, correlating all attack activity with a actionable context by delivering the full story of the attack from the root cause to each affected asset for a rapid response.
Other security vendors offer General Endpoint Protection Platforms (EPP) as a unique approach to defend against ransomware. This strategy is simply not up to the task of detecting the most advanced and hitherto unknown strains of ransomware.
Cybereason Predictive Ransomware Protection takes a multi-layered approach that combines the ability to detect the most subtle behaviors with our award-winning NGAV, AV, script-based and file-based protection to ensure that known and never-seen-before ransomware does not pass through. never.
Predictive Protection means Cybereason terminates ransomware with the highest degree of confidence based on the subtle behaviors and activity of the attackers. We see what the others are missing and deduce the attacker’s next move without manual intervention from the defenders.
Predictive protection also equates to greater productivity for advocates. They don’t have to block, investigate or respond manually thanks to the high level of automated protection provided by Cybereason.
Cybereason Predictive Ransomware Protection solution:
- Automates ransomware prevention: Infosec teams that support small and medium-sized businesses do not have the team size or expertise to effectively tackle sophisticated ransomware attacks. Cybereason’s advanced ransomware prevention capabilities are automated and comprehensive, providing an immediate boost to overworked or inexperienced security teams.
- Interrupts every step of a ransomware attack: All ransomware involves the encryption of sensitive data in the later stages of the attack chain. By decentralizing decision making to the endpoint, Cybereason quickly detects and blocks encryption activity at the first signs of an attacker’s activity with the highest level of trust without the need to wait for analysis. ‘a centralized system.
- Recovers all encrypted files: Relying solely on data backups is a defeatist mindset and assumes that adversaries are able to scale up to a company-wide breach. Cybereason prevents ransomware before it escalates and includes the ability to restore encrypted files to their previously unencrypted state as the final layer of defense against ransomware operations.
- Extends discovery to network drives: Network drives store files that ransomware operators hope to encrypt and are historically difficult to monitor for threats. Cybereason extends the reach of infosec teams by detecting signs of ransomware in network drives, providing the widest possible visibility for an informed and comprehensive response.
Cybereason Predictive Ransomware Protection launch coincides with the publication of a new global ransomware study by Cybereason, titled Organizations at risk: ransomware attackers don’t take vacations, which provides insight into the risks of disruptive ransomware attacks targeting organizations when they are most vulnerable: during weekends and holidays when staff are limited. Join us for information webinar on December 1 at 1 p.m. ET which examines the report’s findings and provides tips on how to defend against ransomware attacks on weekends and holidays.
Cybereason is committed to teaming up with advocates to stop ransomware attacks at the endpoint, across the enterprise, wherever the battle is. Learn more about the Cybereason Predictive Ransomware Protection solution, browse our ransomware defense resources, Where schedule a demo today to find out how your organization can benefit from an operations-centric approach to safety.